Vacancy PR Marketer
PR Marketer State of Fashion M/F/X
State of Fashion in Arnhem is looking for a PR Marketer for 16 hours per week as of mid-October 2023| Assignment for a ZZP'er, Part-time | Closing date: August 28, 2023
Are you our new PR Marketer who wants to work with the team to put State of Fashion even stronger in the market?
Who are we?
State of Fashion is an international fashion platform that connects pioneers in fashion design, research and business and shares their ideas and innovations with the world. The platform builds on the Arnhem Mode Biennale (2005 - 2013) and on the profile the city of Arnhem has been established as a hub for innovation, research and innovation in fashion. State of Fashion stands for critical reflection on the norm, on prevailing positions and models in fashion. With a biennial, discussion programs, design research labs, exhibitions and publications, we bring together visionary ideas from home and abroad. Together with designers, companies, scientists, education, consumers and other stakeholders in fashion, we explore an urgently needed new fashion system.
State of Fashion explicitly connects fashion to the social issues and challenges of our time: inclusivity and fair practice, the impact of globalization and the climate crisis. How can fashion contribute to solutions to these problems and to a better world? We explore how the fashion behavior of people worldwide can bring about change, such that fashion plays a meaningful, positive role in the lives of all people, anywhere in the world, whether you are a fashion designer, a textile worker, a shopkeeper or a citizen in a shopping street.
For more info: stateoffashion.org
Who are you?
In 2023, our organisation is working on the next State of Fashion Biennale, which will take place in May and June 2024. From mid-October 2023 we are looking for a new colleague to give a strong impulse to our (international) PR and communication.
We are looking for an experienced PR employee with a broad network in the creative industry and/or social domain, a proven track record and affinity with culture and fashion. We are looking for someone with energy and their own vision, who comes up with stimulating and innovative ways using a PR strategy and deploying campaigns to set up valuable conversations, meetings and actions with audiences and partners. The main goal: to discuss the current state of fashion and actively work with many voices for a better future.
What are your main tasks?
- Developing a PR strategy and planning (incl. campaigns, actions) for PR, marketing and communications for the period mid-October 2023 to July 2024. The development of the PR strategy takes place in close cooperation and consultation with the Curatorial Team and the Program Team.
- The (management of the) implementation of this PR strategy and campaigns.
- Taking care of growth and engagement for State of Fashion, in close cooperation and consultation with the Social Media Manager.
- Thinking along about digital and/or hybrid programming in consultation with the Curator Team and the Program Team.
- Writing (basic) texts for communication and press purposes.
- Directing external partners in areas such as PR, communications.
- Identifying, setting up and managing relevant partnerships in the field of media, communication and marketing.
- The (co-)organization of meetings in the context of press and public outreach.
- Your presence during the Opening weekend of the Biennale 2024 from May 16 to 18, 2024.
What do we ask of you?
- Minimum 5 years of experience and HBO working and thinking level;
- Demonstrable experience in project management of marketing and communication projects in the cultural sector / creative industry.
- You feel at home in a small, ambitious organization that thinks big.
- You are interested and well informed about the latest developments in communications and marketing and have experience with content creation.
- You are full of ideas about ways State of Fashion can continue to build on its position in the field and a diverse and inclusive community.
- You are enterprising, stress-resistant and can manage results.
- You see opportunities and have an eye for relevant and innovative partnerships.
- You have a creative mind and are a demonstrably good copywriter, with a good command of at least Dutch and English.
- You have excellent communication and social skills, and you can work well together.
- You have an interest in culture and affinity with fashion.
- Familiarity with and in (the region of) Arnhem is an advantage.
What we offer?
This is initially a part-time appointment on a ZZP basis. The fee is commensurate with the severity of the position and market-based.
The number of hours per week will initially be 16 hours per week. Leading up to the Biennale, the number of hours will increase.
We offer a workplace at our office in Arnhem. Thereby we offer space to work remotely. Space to work in a team where there is plenty of room for your own input.
Are you interested?
The vacancy is now closed. Interviews will take place in early September 2023.
State of Fashion is committed to a representative team. State of Fashion adheres to the Diversity and Inclusion Code. We strive for a representative team which reflects society. We welcome a new colleague who makes our team more diverse in whatever respect. This vacancy is therefore open to anyone who fits the required competencies - regardless of age, orientation, culture, gender, sexual orientation or religion.