Terms & Conditions Open Call for Curators
PROCEDURE & SELECTION CRITERIA
All received complete applications are assessed by State of Fashion’s Creative Advisory Council. This council proposes a shortlist of candidates to the Board of Directors and Management Team of State of Fashion. The selection criteria are:
- Connection to the key questions. How well does the proposal relate to the key questions?
- Relevance and critical consistency of the proposed outline.
- Distinctive quality. Is this proposal distinctive? Is it an inspiring new concept, a driver of change, and as such an interesting and inspirational addition to State of Fashion?
- Interdisciplinarity. Does the proposal have collaborative and interdisciplinary aspects and possibilities?
- Outreach. How does this proposal affect the production and consumption of the fashion system, and how does this become visible?
- Diversity & Inclusivity. How does the application represent a pluriversal view?
Based on the shortlist of the Creative Advisory Council, the Board of Directors of State of Fashion will invite a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 applications for an in-depth interview. Finally, in close consultation with the Creative Advisory Council, one application will be invited to join the team of State of Fashion for its 2022 biennial.
1 February 2021
Deadline for submitting applications.
State of Fashion will inform the participants about the pre-selection in February 2021.
Interviews selected candidates.
Announcement curatorial team 2022.
Launch event theme biennial 2022.
May / June 2022
Opening State of Fashion Biennial 2022.
Arnhem, the Netherlands
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Individuals, duo’s and collectives can equally apply. In case of duo’s or groups, the application mentions one main contact person for the procedure (hereafter referred to as applicant).
2. Applications should be written in English.
3. Only complete applications that have been received before the above mentioned deadline will be taken into consideration for further assessment.
4. Only one application per person or team will be accepted.
5. Applicants do not pay an application fee for this Open Call.
6. State of Fashion will not go into correspondence about the selection.
7. State of Fashion reserves the right to invite several applicants to work together.
8. State of Fashion reserves the right, if deemed necessary, not to select any proposal.
9. All proposals will be treated as strictly confidential.
10. The ownership of the intellectual property rights of the proposal shall belong to the applicant. The applicant is aware of the legislation related to the protection of intellectual property and the rules for the protection of privacy and data use related to the General Data Protection Law.