Saturday 21 July
Closing weekend: State of Fashion Talks with a.o. Elisa van Joolen en Transfashional
Enter into a dialogue with designers and scientists during the State of Fashion Closing weekend!
Join us on Saturday July 21 between 14:00 and 17:00 for one of the talks taking place in the very center of the expo. Enter into a dialogue with designers and scientists, who can tell you exactly how they are accomplishing sustainable changes within the contemporary fashion system.
What’s on the program?
- 14:00 – 15:30: An art debate by Transfashional next to the Apparatus catwalk. The question how fashion, as an industry and as a system, is redefined and renewed, is key.
- 16:00 – 16:30: Round table session with Elisa van Joolen (designer of the installation PORTAL). Van Joolen presents the results of her installation ‘PORTAL’ and talks about this with the audience
Participants Transfashional debate
- Lara Torres (London College of Fashion, Portsmouth, UK)
- Naomi Filmer (London College of Fashion, Londen, UK)
- Leah Armstrong (University of Applied Arts, Vienna, Austria)
- Galina Mihaleva (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Simona Segre Reinach (University of Bologna, Italy)
- Clemens Thornquist (University of Borås, Sweden)
- Dobrila Denegri (Curator Transfashional)
- José Teunissen (Curator State of Fashion)
Participants round table session
- Elisa van Joolen (designer & researcher, Netherlands)
- Anouk Beckers (designer, Netherlands)
- Beau Bertens (graphic designer & art director, Netherlands)
- Renee van der Hoek (assistent curator State of Fashion, Netherlands)